The Moldovan Council of Experts held its third meeting in 2012 on August 13th.
The expert discussed the latest developments regarding the Transnistrian conflict settlement process:
- the change of leadership in Tiraspol;
- high level official meetings between the leadership in Chisinau and the leadership in Tiraspol;
- the results of the 5+2 rounds of negotiations since their restart in autumn 2011.
Amongst other the experts concluded that the election of a new leadership in Tiraspol didn’t take place amid some essential democratic changes, but due to specific circumstances (Russian Federation policy, accumulation of a protest vote in the region, etc.).
1. Iurie Pintea, security sector expert
2. Igor Botan, political analyst
3. Galina Selari, economic experts
4. Anatol Gremalschi, development expert
5. Arcadie Barbarosie, political analyst
6. Oazu Nantoi, conflict resolution expert
7. Viorel Cibotaru, security sector expert
8. Radu Vrabie, conflict resolution expert
9. Victor Chirila, foreign affairs expert